Home Builder's Guide To Seismic Resistant Construction
Credit: 8 PDH
Course Fee: $96.00
The primary purpose of this course is to encourage homeowners and builders of one and two family residences to employ construction practices intended to provide resistance to damage from earthquakes.
- Introduction, Background and Seismic Risk Areas
- Principles of Seismic Resistance in Dwellings
- Architectural Considerations
- Site Selection
- Elements of the Seismic Resistant System
- Foundations and Foundation Details
- Shear walls
- Roof Requirements
- Masonry Chimneys
- Concrete Masonry
- Clay Masonry
- Masonry and Stone Veneer
- Building code and References
- Home Builders and Check List
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.