NAVSTAR Global Positioning System Surveying
Credit: 30 PDH
Course Fee: $349.00
This manual provides technical specifications and guidance for sutveying and mapping with the NAVSTAR Global Positioning Syatem(GPS). It is intended for use by engineering, planning, operations, ral estate and constriction personel performing georeferenced feature mapping or accurate control surveys for civil works and military construction projects. Procedural and quality control standards are defined to establish Corps-wide uniformity in the use of GPS by hired-labor personnel, construction contractors, and Architect-Engineer (A-E) contractors.
- Operational theory
- GPS Reference systems
- GPS absolute positioning determination concepts, errors and accuracies
- Differential or relative positioning determination concepts
- GPS applications in USACE
- GPS receiver and equipment selection
- Planning data collection with GPS
- Conducting GPS field surveys
- Post processing differential GPS observational data
- Adjustment of GPS surveys
- Contracting GPS surveying services
US Army Corps of Engineers
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.