Seismic Considerations For Steel Storage Racks
Credit: 15 PDH
Course Fee: $180.00
This course highlights issues for consideration in the seismic design, installation, ongoing inspection, maintenance, and use of steel single selective pallet storage racks located in areas of retail warehouse stores and other facilities accessible to the general public.
- Damage to Steel Pallet Storage Racks and Content Spillage in Recent Earthquakes
- Codes and Standards for Storage Racks
- Current Storage Rack Seismic Design Practices
- Performance Expectations for Storage Racks in Areas Accessible to the Public
- Suggested Improvements to Current Storage Rack Seismic Design Practices
- Guidelines and Responsibilities for Specifying, Purchasing, and Installing Pallet storage Racks
- Suggested Improvements for Securing Contents Within Storage Racks
- Suggestions for Storage Rack Installation, Operation, Inspection, and Maintenance
- Suggested Considerations for Quality Assurance Programs
- Review of Past Seismic Research on Storage Rack Systems and Subassemblies
- Inspection of Storage Racks and Recovery of Merchandise After Earthquakes
- Summary and Recommendations
- References and Selected Bibliography
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.