Biomass Oil Analysis
Credit: 17 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $51.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
The United States Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) invests in research to achieve the following goals:
- Dramatically reduce, or even end, dependence on foreign oil.
- Spur the creation of a domestic bioindustry.
The Office of The Biomass Program (OBP) within EERE invests in technology research and development (R&D) to support those goals and to achieve the following outcomes:
- Establish commercial biorefinery technology by 2010
- Commercialize at least four biobased products.
These outcomes can be achieved by concentrating investments in research platforms that show the highest likelihood of success and/or the largest impact. OBP faces a large portfolio of R&D options with limited resources. As a result, only those investments that offer the largest benefits can be funded. This analysis provides inputs for the decision-making process.
The biomass feedstocks evaluated in this report are lipids from animal fats, fish and poultry oils, plant oils, and recycled cooking greases. These feedstocks shall be referred to as biomass oils.
- DOE Goals and Objectives Relative to the Oil Platform Analysis
- Biomass Oil and Distillate Fuels
- Biomass Oil Supply and Production
- Production of Biomass Oils and Fuels
- Bio-refinery Opportunities
US Department of Energy
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.
Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Engineering