Designing for Earthquakes
Credit: 30 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $349.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
Designing for Earthquakes: a Manual for Architects is intended to explain the principles of seismic design for those without a technical background in engineering and seismology. The primary intended audience is that of architects and includes practicing architects, architectural students, and faculty in architectural schools who teach structures and seismic design. For this reason, the text and graphics are focused on those aspects of seismic design that are important for the architect to know.
- Nature Of Earthquakes And Seismic Hazards
- Site Evaluation And Selection
- Earthquake Effects On Buildings
- Seismic Issues In Architectural Design
- The Regulation Of Seismic Design
- Seismic Design: Past, Present And Future
- Existing Buildings: Evaluation & Retrofit
- Nonstructural Design
- Philosophy Design For Extreme Hazards
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.