Home Builder's Guide to Seismic Resistant Construction
Credit: 8 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $96.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
The primary purpose of this course is to encourage homeowners and builders of one and two family residences to employ construction practices intended to provide resistance to damage from earthquakes.
- Introduction, Background and Seismic Risk Areas
- Principles of Seismic Resistance in Dwellings
- Architectural Considerations
- Site Selection
- Elements of the Seismic Resistant System
- Foundations and Foundation Details
- Shear walls
- Roof Requirements
- Masonry Chimneys
- Concrete Masonry
- Clay Masonry
- Masonry and Stone Veneer
- Building code and References
- Home Builders and Check List
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.
Home & Building Inspectors