How to Use Wind Energy to Power your House
Credit: 3 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $45.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
Wind energy systems are one of the most cost-effective home-based renewable energy systems. Depending on your wind resource, a small wind energy system can lower your electricity bill by 50% to 90%, help you avoid the high costs of extending utility power lines to remote locations, prevent power interruptions, and it is nonpolluting.
This course ‘Small wind electric systems’ can make a significant contribution to our nation’s energy needs. Although wind turbines large enough to provide a significant portion of the electricity needed by the average U.S. home generally require one acre of property or more, approximately 21 million U.S. homes are built on one-acre and larger sites, and 24% of the U.S. population lives in rural areas. A small wind electric system will work if:
- There is enough wind where you live
- Tall towers are allowed in your neighborhood or rural area
- You have enough space
- You can determine how much electricity you need or want to produce
- It works for you economically.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the basic information about small wind electric systems.
- How Can I Make My Home More Energy Efficient?
- Is Wind Energy Practical for Me?
- What Size Wind Turbine Do I Need?
- What are the Basic Parts of a Small Wind Electric System?
- What Do Wind Systems Cost?
- Where Can I Find Installation and Maintenance Support?
- How Much Energy Will My System Generate?
- Is There Enough Wind on My Site?
- How Do I Choose the Best Site for My Wind Turbine?
- Can I Connect My System to the Utility Grid?
- Can I Go "Off-Grid"?
- Glossary of Terms
US Department Of Energy
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.
Green Building - LEED Courses
Home & Building Inspectors