HVAC - Chillers, Refrigerant, Compressors and Heating Systems
Credit: 8 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $120.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
This course focuses on the equipment and equipment components used to generate heating and cooling. It does not include fans and pumps. This distinction is clear for most equipment types, such as unit heaters, boilers, and chillers. However, for packaged air-conditioning (AC) equipment the distinction can be subtle. Most packaged AC equipment is treated as a unit by performance rating procedures. Hence, separation of the fans is difficult. For this study, only the refrigerant compressors of packaged equipment are considered.
The objectives of this course are:
- To provide an accurate estimate of the energy used by primary cooling and heating equipment in the US commercial building sector.
- To provide a physical understanding of the factors, which contribute to energy use by the equipment.
- To provide a baseline estimate of current national energy use, which can be used for calculation of the national energy savings impact of various options for reducing energy usage. The estimate is based on calendar year 1995.
US Department of Energy
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.
Home & Building Inspectors