Leak Detection Methods for Petroleum Underground Storage Tanks and Piping
Credit: 3 PDH or CE Hours
Course Fee: $36.00
As of March 2005, almost 450,000 UST leaks had been confirmed. At sites without leak detection, leaks were discovered late, after contamination had spread, requiring difficult and costly cleanups. By contrast, if you have effective leak detection, you can respond quickly to signs of leaks. You can minimize the extent of environmental damage and the threat to human health and safety. Early action on your part also protects you from the high costs that can result from cleaning up extensive leaks and responding to third-party liability claims.
- An Overview of Leak Detection Requirements
- Secondary Containment with Interstitial Monitoring
- Automatic Tank Gauging Systems
- Vapor Monitoring (Including Tracer Compound Analysis)
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Statistical Inventory Reconciliation
- Tank Tightness Testing With Inventory Control
- Manual Tank Gauging
- Leak Detection for Underground Piping
- Publications and Videos about UST Requirements
- State Contacts for UST Information
– – –
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.