NAVSTAR Global Positioning System Surveying
Credit: 30 PDH or CE Hours
Course Fee: $349.00
This manual provides technical specifications and guidance for sutveying and mapping with the NAVSTAR Global Positioning Syatem(GPS). It is intended for use by engineering, planning, operations, ral estate and constriction personel performing georeferenced feature mapping or accurate control surveys for civil works and military construction projects. Procedural and quality control standards are defined to establish Corps-wide uniformity in the use of GPS by hired-labor personnel, construction contractors, and Architect-Engineer (A-E) contractors.
- Operational theory
- GPS Reference systems
- GPS absolute positioning determination concepts, errors and accuracies
- Differential or relative positioning determination concepts
- GPS applications in USACE
- GPS receiver and equipment selection
- Planning data collection with GPS
- Conducting GPS field surveys
- Post processing differential GPS observational data
- Adjustment of GPS surveys
- Contracting GPS surveying services
US Army Corps of Engineers
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.