Prohibited Personal Practices at Work
Credit: 4 PDH or CE Hours
Course Fee: $60.00
Attention PE engineers in the States of Ohio, Indiana, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
This course can not be used as a continuing education course to renew your license in any of the above States. The course material of this course is not within the guidelines of States requirements.
This course focuses on particular behaviors that can have an exceptionally negative impact on the morale and productivity of any (Federal) office.
- Discriminate against an employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or political affiliation;
- Solicit or consider any recommendation that is not job-related and based on personal knowledge of the employee or applicant;
- Coerce the political activity of any person;
- Deceive or obstruct any person from competing for employment;
- Influence anyone from withdrawing from competition;
- Give an unauthorized preference or advantage to an employee or applicant;
- Give employment advantages to relatives;
- Retaliate against employees or applicants for whistleblowing;
- Retaliate against employees or applicants for filing an appeal, complaint, or grievance;
- Discriminate based on personal conduct which is not job related;
- Violate veterans’ preference requirements; and
- Take or fail to take any personnel action that violates any law, rule, or regulation directly concerning the merit system principles.
These prohibitions are important because they help ensure that managers treat employees fairly and equitably, while strengthening the trust that the American public has that their public servants are not being managed arbitrarily or based on non-merit factors. Avoiding each of these actions are critical since the existence of just one of these actions can damage the working environment in any organization.
By the end of this course the participant will learn how to improve morale and productivity at their work place.
U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.