Project Control, Coordinate Systems and Datums
Credit: 8 PDH or CE Hours
Course Fee: $120.00
This course provides guidance on the required geodetic reference datum’s and coordinate systems for USACE navigation and flood control projects. General guidance is also provided on setting survey control for dredging projects and positioning aids to navigation in these projects. The major emphasis in this course is on vertical reference datum’s for navigation projects–tidal, river, lake, pool, and flood control reservoirs. This course has minimal coverage of horizontal coordinate systems, horizontal datum’s, and control survey methods since this material is fully covered in other engineer manuals listed in Appendix A. In addition, nearly all hydrographic surveys and dredge positioning are now controlled by established, nationwide DGPS networks; thus reducing the need to establish supplemental horizontal control on dredging and navigation projects.
- Horizontal Control for Navigation and Flood Control Projects
- Positioning of Aids to Navigation in Authorized Projects
- Vertical Control for Navigation and Flood Control Projects
- Tides and Tidal Datums
- Tide Stations
- Accurate Tidal Datums
- NOS Tidal Datums
- Equipment and Field Work Associated with Operating Tide Stations
- Off-Site Tide Observations
- Water Level Reference Planes
- International Great Lakes Datums
- Low Water Reference Planes (LWRP) – Middle and Lower Mississippi River
- Other Inland Water Reference Systems
US Department of Army Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.