Wood - Finishing
Credit: 4 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $12.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
The primary function of any wood finish (paint, varnish, and stain, for example) is to protect the wood surface, help maintain a certain appearance, and provide a cleanable surface. Although wood can be used both outdoors and indoors without finishing, unfinished wood surfaces exposed to the weather change color, are roughened by photo degradation and surface checking, and erode slowly. Unfinished wood surfaces exposed indoors may also change color; moreover, unfinished wood is more difficult to clean than is finished wood.
- Factors Affecting Finish Performance
- Control of Water or Moisture in Wood
- Types of Exterior Wood Finishes
- Application of Wood Finishes
- Finish Failure or Discoloration
- Finishing of Interior Wood
- Finishes for Items Used for Food
- Wood Cleaners and Brighteners
- Paint Strippers
- Lead-Based Paint
US Forest Service
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.