Wood - Fire Safety
Credit: 2 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $12.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
Fire safety is an important concern in all types of construction. The high level of national concern for fire safety is reflected in limitations and design requirements in building codes. These code requirements are discussed in the context of fire safety design and evaluation in the initial section of this course. Since basic data on fire behavior of wood products are needed to evaluate fire safety for wood construction, the second major section of this course covers fire performance characteristics of wood products. The course concludes with a discussion of flame-retardant treatments that can be used to reduce the combustibility of wood.
- Fire Safety Design and Evaluation
- Types of Construction
- Fire Growth Within Compartment
- Containment to Compartment of Origin
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Fire Performance Characteristics of Wood
- Heat Release
- Flame Spread
- Smoke and Toxic Gases
- Charring and Fire Resistance
- Flame-Retardant Treatments
- Fire-Retardant-Treated Wood
- Flame-Retardant Pressure Treatments
- Flame-Retardant Coatings
US Forest Service
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.