Wood - Handbook
Credit: 36 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $216.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
Summarizes information on wood as an engineering material. Presents properties of wood and wood-based products of particular concern to the architect and engineer. Includes discussion of designing with wood and wood-based products along with some pertinent uses.
- Characteristics and Availability of Commercially Important Wood
- Structure of Wood
- Physical Properties and Moisture Relations of Wood
- Mechanical Properties of Wood
- Commercial Lumber
- Lumber Stress Grades and Design Properties
- Structural Analysis Equations
- Adhesive Bonding of Wood Materials
- Wood-Based Composites and Panel Products
- Glued Structural Members
- Drying and Control of Moisture Content and Dimensional Changes
- Biodetrioration of Wood
- Wood Preservation
- Finishing of Wood
- Use of Wood In Building and Bridges
- Fire Safety
- Round Timbers and Ties
- Specialty Treatments
US Forest Services
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.