Wood - Mechanical Properties
Credit: 4 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $48.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
The mechanical properties presented in this course were obtained from tests of small pieces of wood termed “clear” and “straight grained” because they did not contain characteristics such as knots, cross grain, checks, and splits. These test pieces did have anatomical characteristics such as growth rings that occurred in consistent patterns within each piece. Clear wood specimens are usually considered “homogeneous” in wood mechanics.
- Orthotropic Nature of Wood
- Elastic Properties
- Strength Properties
- Vibration Properties
- Mechanical Properties of Clear Straight-Grained Wood
- Natural Characteristics Affecting Mechanical Properties
- Effects of Manufacturing and Service Environments
US Forest Services
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.