Seismic Considerations for Steel Storage Racks
Credit: 15 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $180.00
How it Work!
- Register first and log into your account. Study and take the quiz for FREE until passed.
- After passing the quiz, follow the page, pay for the course and print your certificate.
This course highlights issues for consideration in the seismic design, installation, ongoing inspection, maintenance, and use of steel single selective pallet storage racks located in areas of retail warehouse stores and other facilities accessible to the general public.
- Damage to Steel Pallet Storage Racks and Content Spillage in Recent Earthquakes
- Codes and Standards for Storage Racks
- Current Storage Rack Seismic Design Practices
- Performance Expectations for Storage Racks in Areas Accessible to the Public
- Suggested Improvements to Current Storage Rack Seismic Design Practices
- Guidelines and Responsibilities for Specifying, Purchasing, and Installing Pallet storage Racks
- Suggested Improvements for Securing Contents Within Storage Racks
- Suggestions for Storage Rack Installation, Operation, Inspection, and Maintenance
- Suggested Considerations for Quality Assurance Programs
- Review of Past Seismic Research on Storage Rack Systems and Subassemblies
- Inspection of Storage Racks and Recovery of Merchandise After Earthquakes
- Summary and Recommendations
- References and Selected Bibliography
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Review the quiz
before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
Acrobat Reader is required to view this document. Click here to download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.